Picking the Best Cabins on the Carnival Fascination
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Carnival Fascination's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Carnival Fascination? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Carnival Fascination? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Carnival Fascination?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Carnival Fascination that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Carnival Fascination Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Carnival Fascination: staterooms on Deck 6-the Upper Deck. Deck 11 also has very good cabins.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Carnival Fascination: stateroom on Deck 7-the Empress Deck
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Carnival Fascination
Deck 4 -- Riviera Deck
Cabins on Deck 4 of the Carnival Fascination have cabins above them -- this means that they are typically quieter compared to cabins beneath the disco or sunbathing areas (the noise of moving deck chairs late at night / early in the AM).
- On the Riviera Deck of the Fascination, cabins R199-R248 (in the stern / rear of the ship) may notice a bit of propeller vibration.
- Cabins R154, R141, and R299 are right by elevators, so there may be a noise factor particularly for light sleepers. Looking for another cabin on Deck 4 of the Fascination to avoid this situation is one suggestion. Otherwise, we recommend you bring earplugs, or consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
Related: Carnival Fascination Riviera Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 5 -- Main Deck
Deck 5 has cabins both above and beneath, which does rule out noises you'd expect from Carnival Fascination's entertainment and dining venues. Main deck also features staterooms with balconies.
- All but 18 of the exterior cabins feature ocean views on Deck 5 of the Fascination.
- Interior cabins M148 and M149 abut elevators, so we do suggest looking for another cabin on the Main Deck of the Fascination to avoid noise.
- Aft Cabins M262 and M269 are slightly larger than average.
Related: Carnival Fascination Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Upper Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Upper deck is without question the high-rent district of the ship. This is where Carnival Fascination's penthouse category cabins are located. There is also at least one deck of buffer both above and below this deck, so noise tends not to be an issue from common areas for most of the Upper deck cabins. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. So, if your budget only affords you an inside cabin, reserving one right across from a penthouse might be a very wise investment! Some of the best cabins on the Carnival Fascination are on the Upper Deck!
Related: Carnival Fascination Upper Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
- Midship inside cabins may experience some noise from the Plaza & Atrium Bar located one deck above them. These cabins are also less roomy, but are in the Penthouse service zone on the Upper Deck of the Carnival Fascination.
- Exterior cabins which include balconies on Upper deck are U190 through U224 Port side, and U201 through U237 Starboard.
- All but 12 exterior cabins on Carnival Fascination's Upper deck feature ocean views.
- All Exterior staterooms from U69 through U115 and U70 through U114 are Grand Suites which all have balconies. If you're looking for the very best of these, U89, U93, U97, & U101 Starboard and U90, U94, U98, & U102 Port have extended balconies on the Fascination's Deck 6.
Related: Carnival Fantasy Upper Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 7 -- Empress Deck
Cabins on the Empress deck are likely going to be less quiet than any others to be found on the Carnival Fascination. While we are not suggesting this deck should be avoided, some of the worst cabins are on the Empress Deck of the Carnival Fascination! This is due to the stage, galley, and dining rooms on Atlantic Deck (one deck above), and the Atrium Bar, and Guest Services & Shore Excursions which are also located just aft of cabins E66 and E 67. That said, most of the noise occurs during hours in which most of us are up and around enjoying these public venues! Cabins E66 through E69 are closest to the action in the Atrium, so we suggest that you reserve a cabin further away from these areas if you prefer a quieter atmosphere on this deck.
- Once again, Inside Cabins E124 and E 127 are right next to elevators, which may increase the noise factor.
- Aft on the Fascination's Empress Deck, cabins E244 and E259 are slightly more spacious than average outside cabins, but their balconies are smaller.
- Outside cabins with balconies include E82 through E102 Port side, and E83 through E103 Starboard.
- E202 through E238 Port side, and E217 through E253 are all balcony cabins aft on the ship.
- All but eight exterior cabins on the Empress Deck of the Carnival Fascination feature ocean views.
Related: Carnival Fascination Empress Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 11 -- Verandah Deck
While Verandah Deck has Spa Carnival directly above and Lido Deck beneath, this is where you will find some of the best cabins to be reserved on the Carnival Fascination! All outside cabins on Verandah deck feature balconies, and it is our understanding VIP check-in service is available for guests staying in these staterooms.
- on the Carnival Fascination's Verandah Deck, V21, V23, V25, V27, V30, V34, V38, and V42 are exterior staterooms, but do have obstructed views.
- Unless there is a tailwind, all of these balconies can be breezy on Deck 11.
- While not Penthouse level in terms of accommodations, the Fascination's Verandah Deck outside staterooms are more luxurious than the average cabins.
- Once again, frugal cruisers may want to book an interior cabin on Deck 11 of the Fascination. Some of the best cabin stewards will be right across the hall!
Related: Carnival Fascination Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)