Picking the Best Cabins on the Carnival Fantasy
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Carnival Fantasy's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Carnival Fantasy? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Carnival Fantasy? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Carnival Fantasy?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Carnival Fantasy that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Carnival Fantasy Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Carnival Fantasy: staterooms on Deck 6.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Carnival Fantasy: staterooms on Deck 7.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Carnival Fantasy
Deck 4 -- Riviera Deck
Cabins on Deck 4 of the Carnival Fantasy have cabins above them, which means they are typically quieter compared to cabins beneath the disco or sunbathing areas (the noise of moving deck chairs late at night / early in the AM).
- On the Carnival Fantasy Deck 4, cabins R199-R248 (in the stern / rear of the ship) may notice a bit of propeller vibration.
- Cabins R154, R141, and R299 are right by elevators on Deck 4 of the Fantasy, so there may be a noise factor particularly for light sleepers. Looking for another cabin to avoid this situation is one suggestion. Otherwise, we recommend you bring earplugs, or consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
Related: Carnival Fantasy Riviera Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 5 -- Main Deck
Deck 5 has cabins both above and beneath, which does rule out noises you'd expect from Carnival Fantasy's entertainment and dining venues.
- On Deck 5 of the Carnival Fantasy, all but 20 of the exterior cabins feature ocean views.
- Interior cabins M148 and M149 abut elevators, so we do suggest looking for another cabin on Deck 5 of the Fantasy to avoid noise.
Related: Carnival Fantasy Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Upper Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Upper deck is without question the high-rent district of the ship. This is where Carnival Fantasy's penthouse category cabins are located. There is also at least one deck of buffer both above and below this deck, so noise tends not to be an issue from common areas for most of the Upper deck cabins. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. So, if your budget only affords you an inside cabin, reserving one right across from a penthouse might be a very wise investment! Some of the best cabins on the Carnival Fantasy are on Deck 6!
- Midship inside cabins on Deck 5 of the Carnival Fantasy may experience some noise from the Plaza & Atrium Bar located one deck above them. These cabins are also less roomy, but are in the Penthouse service zone.
- Aft, Cabins U230 and U243 are larger than average cabins.
- All but 12 exterior cabins on Carnival Fantasy's Upper deck feature ocean views.
- All Exterior staterooms from U69 through U115 are Penthouse Suites which do have balconies.
Related: Carnival Fantasy Upper Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 7 -- Empress Deck
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems
Cabins on the Empress Deck are likely going to be less quiet than any others to be found on the Carnival Fantasy. While we are not suggesting this deck be avoided, some of the worst cabins on the Carnival Fantasy are on Deck 7! This is due to the stage, galley, and dining rooms on Atlantic Deck (one deck above), and the Atrium Bar, and Guest Services & Shore Excursions which are also located just aft of cabins E66 and E67. That said, most of the noise occurs during hours in which most of us are up and around enjoying these public venues!
- Cabins E66 through E69 are closest to the action in the Atrium on Deck 7 of the Carnival Fantasy, so we suggest that you reserve a cabin further away from these areas if you prefer a quieter atmosphere on this deck.
- Once again, Inside Cabins E124 and E 127 are right next to elevators, which may increase the noise factor.
- Aft on the Carnival Fantasy's Empress Deck, cabins E244 and E259 are slightly more spacious than average outside cabins.
- All but eight exterior cabins on the Empress Deck feature ocean views.
Related: Carnival Fantasy Empress Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 11 -- Verandah Deck
While Verandah Deck has Spa Carnival directly above and Lido Deck beneath, this is where you will find some of the best cabins to be reserved on the Carnival Fantasy! All outside cabins on Verandah deck feature balconies, and it is our understanding VIP check-in service is available for guests staying in these staterooms.
- On Deck 11 of the Carnival Fantasy, V21, V23, V25, V27, V30, V34, V38, and V42 are exterior staterooms, but do have obstructed views.
- Unless there is a tailwind, all of these balconies can be breezy.
- While not Penthouse level in terms of accommodations, Verandah Deck outside staterooms on the Carnival Fantasy are more luxurious than the average cabins.
- Once again, frugal cruisers may want to book an interior cabin on this deck. Some of the best cabin stewards will be right across the hall!
Related: Carnival Fantasy Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)