Looking for Holland America discounts? Want to understand how Holland America stands out versus its competitors? Check out our best advice with our Holland America cruise tips below.
- The Passenger Profile on Holland America varies greatly. In Europe, Asia, Australia and Asia, the passenger demographic tends to skew older -- you will see fewer families with children. For Caribbean, Mexico and to a lesser extent, Alaska cruises, the passenger demographic skews younger. You will see more families with kids.
- Holland America is the leader in Alaska cruises. Without a doubt, Holland America has the most cruise departures and options in Alaska. With its corporate headquarters in Seattle, Holland America has come close to perfection with their Alaska cruise and cruise/tour product,
- Holland America is a Hidden Gem in the Caribbean. When it comes to Caribbean cruising, most people think Carnival, Royal Caribbean or NCL. But, Holland America offers great Caribbean itineraries and a more luxurious ambience for only a little bit more per day than the other cruise lines.
- Holland America for kids. Holland America does feature supervised kids programs. However, depending on where and when the ship is sailing, there may not be many kids in the program. For example, most Australia and Asia cruises do not have very many kids onboard. So, there will not be many kids onboard to make friends with. However, on Caribbean and Mexico cruises, there will be plenty of kids onboard and the programs will be quite likely.
- Do not miss the Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto and Tamarind. The Pinnacle Grill is Holland America's primary alternative dining restaurant. The menu is designed by Master Chef Rudi Sodamin (winner -- 2010 "Best Cruise Line Master Chef" -- Porthole Cruise Magazine) and the restaurant features Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and a wine list featuring many selections rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator. The cuisine draws from regional menus and features Sterling Sliver Beef and an array of fresh seafood. The Canaletto Restaurant highlights upscale Italian cuisine available on the Eurodam, Amsterdam, Oosterdam, Noordam, Rotterdam, Ryndam, Veendam and Statendam. Finally, for Pan-Asian cuisine, Tamarind on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam features classic dim sum as well as sushi, Hoisin-Lime Glazed Sea Bass, Wasabi and Soy Crusted Beef Tenderloin, Vietnamese-Style Lamb with Mint and Cantonese Duck. These alternative dining restaurants charge a nominal fee, and, it is best to book them in advance of the cruise so you get the day and time that you prefer.
Holland America Line Resources:
HOLLAND AMERICA LINE FEATURED ON CRUISEADVICE.ORG