Picking the Best Cabins on the Ryndam
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Ryndam's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Ryndam? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Ryndam? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Ryndam?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Ryndam that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Ryndam Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Ryndam: staterooms on Deck 10 --the Navigation Deck. Deck 5 also has very nice staterooms.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Ryndam: staterooms on Deck 9-Verandah Deck.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Ryndam
Deck 4 -- A Deck
Cabins on Deck 4 of the Ryndam have cabins above them -- this means that they are typically quieter compared to cabins beneath the disco or sunbathing areas (the noise of moving deck chairs late at night / early in the AM).
- Cabins FF834-FF848 (in the stern / rear of the ship) may notice a bit of propeller vibration on Deck 5 of the Ryndam.
- Cabins G704, G706, G709, and G711 are wheelchair accessible on the Ryndam's Deck 4.
- Forward on Deck 4 of the Ryndam, cabins H700, H701, H702, H707, G704, and G709 are more spacious than standard.
Related: Ryndam A Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 5 -- Main Deck
Deck 5 on the Ryndam is going to be relatively quiet because the decks just above and beneath are also cabin decks.
- Forward cabin L500 is quite spacious on the Ryndam's Main Deck!
- Inside cabins L658 and L653 are next to elevators and may be noisier than other cabins on Deck 5 of the Ryndam.
Related: Ryndam Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Lower Promenade
The Ryndam's Deck 6 is right beneath several major public areas on the ship, such as the main dining rooms and the stage. However, given the operating hours of the venues, these are times when most people are out of their cabins so this shouldn't present a concern.
- On Deck 6 of the Ryndam, cabins C390 and C389 are wheelchair accessible.
- Cabins C328, C329, C330, and C331 are closest to the atrium and may be noisier on the Ryndam's Lower Promenade Deck.
- Aft on Deck 6 of the Ryndam, D420, D418, D419, and D421 are larger and have great ocean views.
Related: Ryndam Lower Promenade Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 9 -- Verandah Deck
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems
Along the entire Verandah deck, be aware that the main drag of the Ryndam is right beneath your feet -- including some areas that stay fairly noisy into the wee hours. This includes the Stage, Bars, Shops, Casino, and aft main dining room.
- Arguably, any cabin numbers from the middle of the ship to the aft of the ship (cabins B144-B175) might have significant noise coming from the late night action below. While we are not shunning this deck, some of the worst cabins on the Ryndam are on Verandah Deck! If you are light sleeper, you may prefer a cabin elsewhere on the ship, or bring earplugs. You may also consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
- On the Holland America ms Ryndam Deck 9, Spa staterooms and suites are to be had forward on this deck. These are exterior cabins CQ100-CQ116 Port side, interior cabins Q112 and I108, and exterior cabins BQ118-BQ124 Portside and BQ101-BQ107 Starboard. Spa staterooms and suites feature spa amenities, which include an iPod docking station, an in-room countertop water feature, and yoga mats. Exclusive spa treatments are also available.
- If booking a Spa stateroom or suite, ask in advance about the smoking policy on the Ryndam. Spa cabins are relatively new to Holland America, and it will be to your advantage to know of any changes in their general policy before booking Spa grade accommodations.
- On the Verandah Deck of the Ryndam, Verandah category cabins in the rear of the ship, BA220 and BA205 have the highly sought after rear-facing views (where you typically don't have to worry about the balcony being too windy).
Related: Ryndam Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 10 -- Navigation Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Navigation Deck of the Ryndam is without question the high-rent district of the ship. This is where all the suites and penthouse category cabins are located. Navigation Deck is directly below Lido Deck, however. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. So, if your budget only affords you an inside cabin, reserving one right across from a penthouse might be a very wise investment!
- Among the Verandah category cabins, A050 and A065 aft on Deck 10 of the Ryndam have the highly sought after rear-facing views (where you typically don't have to worry about the balcony being too windy). However, the two cabins are also closest to the pool have may be a bit noisy.
- Cabins located midship on the Ryndam's Navigation Deck (including S018-S045 and A032-A065) may sustain noises from the Lido activities including the pool area, especially when staff are moving deck chairs for cleaning during off hours.
- Inside cabin I029 shares wall space with Neptune Lounge and is likely to be noisier than other accommodations to be had on Deck 10 of the Ryndam.
- Interior cabins I 29, I 31, I 37, and I 39 are located in the posh neighborhood on the Ryndam's Navigation Deck, and are nearby outstanding service.
Related: Ryndam Navigation Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)