Picking the Best Cabins on the Prinsendam
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Prinsendam's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Prinsendam? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Prinsendam? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Prinsendam?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Prinsendam that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Prinsendam Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Prinsendam: staterooms on Deck 12 --the Sports Deck. Decks 7, 8 and 11 also have very nice staterooms.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Prinsendam: staterooms on Decks 6 and 9-Main Deck and Upper Promenade Deck.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Prinsendam
Deck 5 -- Dolphin Deck
Deck 5 cabins on the Prinsendam are relatively quiet, because Main Deck just above is comprised of cabins except for the atrium area midship. There are a few oddly shaped interior and exterior cabins, and these may be up to 10 square feet larger than standard for each class. Overall, this is a great deck for budget minded travelers!
- Forward on the Prinsendam's Deck 5, several cabins in the H400 through G421 vicinity are larger than average ocean view staterooms.
- Aft on Dolphin Deck of the Prinsedam, cabins G484 through G495 could experience propeller vibration.
Related: Prinsendam Dolphin Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Main Deck
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems
While cabins run the full length beneath Main Deck of the Prinsendam, what's above is a different story. Forward cabins (F300-E331) are likely quieter as cabins are directly above on Lower Promenade Deck. Heading back from there, however, the rest of the cabins on this deck may have noise issues from the bar, dance floor and bandstand, and dining room directly above.
- The Prinsedam's Main Deck consists entirely of ocean view staterooms.
- If noise is a concern from above, light sleepers may want to reserve a cabin on a different deck. Bringing along earplugs or purchasing a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds) are also options to consider. While we are not suggesting Deck 6 should be avoided, some of the worst cabins on the Prinsendam are on Main Deck! Travelers who are especially noise sensitive can find quieter options on the ms Prinsendam.
- Holland America ocean view staterooms vary in size by up to 10 square feet. The Prinsendam's Main Deck staterooms are all approximately the same, however.
Related: Prinsendam Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 7 -- Lower Promenade Deck
Forward on Deck 7 of the Prinsendam, C250 through C277 are ocean view staterooms. Some of these offer only partial ocean views, however, so it would be in your best interest to be specific when reserving accommodations on this deck to assure an unobstructed view. For some, one advantage of booking a cabin on this deck is the proximity to public areas including the Atrium Half Moon Room and Art Gallery, as well as the Pinnacle Grill and night life areas such as the Dance Floor and Bandstand.
- All of the cabins on Deck 7 of the Prinsendam are directly beneath the Showroom at Sea, and may have some noise issues as a consequence.
- On the Prinsendam's Lower Promenade Deck, C276 and C277 are closest to the public areas on this deck, and may be noisier than other cabins on this deck.
Related: Prinsendam Lower Promenade Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 8 -- Promenade Deck
The exterior cabins on the Prinsendam's Promenade Deck are lovely Deluxe Verandah Staterooms, all of which are up to 57 square feet larger than ocean view staterooms. While these cabins are directly above the dining room, noise is generally not an issue because it would be occurring when most cruise guests are out and about.
- On Deck 8, interior cabins I226-I234 are within standard square footage (128-138 square ft.), but do appear more spacious than some others on the ms Prinsendam.
- Aft on Deck 8 of the Prinsendam, cabins AB218-AB224 have spectacular ocean views and likely have less of a breeze.
Related: Prinsendam Promenade Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 9 -- Upper Promenade
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems
Also featuring Deluxe Verandah Staterooms, Deck 9 of the Prinsendam needs to be considered with care as many of the cabins (from Q100 through AA173) are directly above Promenade Deck public areas such as the showroom, shops, the casino, and lounge areas. Once more, while we are not suggesting this deck be avoided, some of the worst cabins on the Prinsendam are on Deck 9! Light sleepers may want to reconsider decks, bring along earplugs, or invest in a wave machine.
- Exterior cabins AA106, AA107, AA132, and AA133 are all slightly larger Deluxe Verandah Staterooms, and have slightly larger verandahs on the Prinsendam's Deck 9.
- Forward on the Prinsendam's Upper Promenade Deck, cabins Q100 and Q101 are ocean view staterooms for singles. These cabins have the same approximate square footage as other ocean view staterooms.
Related: Prinsendam Upper Promenade Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 10 -- Verandah Deck
The Verandah Deck on the Prinsendam consists of Superior Verandah Suites only, all of which are over 120 square feet larger than Deluxe Verandah Staterooms. While some of these accommodations are directly beneath the pool and dining on Lido Deck, Suites here are luxurious and have larger than average verandahs.
- All exterior cabins (SY022-SY069) on the Prinsendam's Deck 10 are Superior Verandah Suites.
- Noise from Lido deck dining, and from the pool area (especially the scraping of deck chairs being moved as staff clean during off hours), may be directly above cabins SS038-SY069 on the Verandah Deck of the Prinsendam.
Related: Prinsendam Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 11 -- Lido Deck
Lido Deck suites on the Prinsendam are among the most luxurious to be found aboard the ms Prinsendam. With roughly 488 square footage, these suites are both spacious and elegant!
- All accommodations on the Prinsendam's Deck 11 are Deluxe Verandah Suites.
- Forward on the Prinsendam's Lido Deck, S010 is closest to the Neptune Lounge which is exclusively for Deluxe Verandah Suite and Penthouse Suite guests.
- On the Prinsendam's Deck 11, Deluxe Verandah Suite guests also enjoy some other wonderful extra amenities, including priority seating for dining, high tea served in the suite upon request, Hors d'oeuvres before dinner on request, a cocktail party with ship's officers, and special disembarkation service.
Related: Prinsendam Lido Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 12 -- Sports Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Prinsendam's Sports Deck is without question the high-rent district of the ship. This is where all the suites and penthouse category cabins are located. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. Some of the best accommodations on the Prinsendam are on the Sports Deck!
- Deck 12 of the Prinsendam has 9 luxury suites, one of which is the Penthouse Verandah Suite.
- All the other suites on the Prinsendam's Sports Deck are Deluxe Verandah Suites.
- The Prinsendam Sports Deck also features the putting greens, bocceball court, croquet court, and jogging track.
Related: Prinsendam Sports Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)