Picking the Best Cabins on the Norwegian Sky
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Norwegian Sky's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Norwegian Sky? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Norwegian Sky? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Norwegian Sky?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Norwegian Sky that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give -- we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Norwegian Sky Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Norwegian Sky: staterooms on Deck 9.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Norwegian Sky: stateroom on Decks 7 and 8.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Norwegian Sky
Biscayne Deck on the Norwegian Sky has cabins above on Atlantic Deck in the forward section. This creates a nice buffer from the noises public areas can generate. However, since the deck above does not feature late night venues such as the casino and bars, those staterooms with public areas above them will not have much of an noise issue during the day, and certainly not at night.
- Forward, Oceanview Staterooms 4001- 4013 port side, 4201- 4213 starboard, and interior cabins 4101- 4104 and 4301- 4304 do have cabins above them. These could be quieter cabins as a result. However, all of the interior cabins are either by the stairwell or elevators which could mean a noise concern. These are the least preferred of interior staterooms on Biscayne Deck of the Norwegian Sky.
- The rest of the staterooms on Deck 4 on the Norwegian Sky are under public areas, including a cafe and two restaurants, so there could be noise during dining hours and during the clean-up after each meal. For dinner, the last diners usually exit by 10:30 and there is likely to some noise from the clean-up (vacuum cleaners) as late as 11:30. Given that most people don't get back to their cabins to after 11 PM, this shouldn't be a substantial issue. Breakfast typically starts in the main dining room at 7:00 AM, so, you might hear some noise above starting then. But, few people go to the main dining room for breakfast, so, this should not be a major issue.
Deck 5 staterooms on the Norwegian Sky are all situated forward, and most have cabins above and beneath which filter out noise from public areas. Generally, this is going to be a quieter area for all of the staterooms.
- Deck 5 is right beneath several major public areas on the Norwegian Sky, including the casino and the smaller main dining room. This could mean some noise issues for a select group of cabins. How staterooms are situated on Deck 5 reflects Norwegian Cruise Lines careful consideration of potential noise issues. For example, most cabins on Deck 5 are not under high traffic venues which are open into the wee hours. It is, consequently, possible to locate a quieter stateroom on Deck 5 of the Norwegian Sky with some planning!
- Most forward on Deck 5 of the Norwegian Sky, Oceanview Staterooms 5001- 5009 port side, 5201- 5208 starboard, and interior cabins 5102- 5108 are under the cabin section of Atlantic Deck.
- Inside cabins 5107, 5108, and 5109 are either by elevators or stairwells, and could have noise issues. If you're looking for an interior stateroom, you'll probable be happier with one on another deck of the Norwegian Sky.
Oslo Deck, grouped with Promenade Deck cabins, is actually tucked between Decks 6 and 7 on the Norwegian Sky. There are staterooms above and no public areas below Oslo Deck, and this helps to insure that accommodations here are quieter.
- Please note that this deck does not have direct access to elevators, and this could be a difficulty for persons with walking concerns and for persons who use wheelchairs.
- There are 22 ocean view staterooms from which to choose on the Oslo Deck of the Sky.
- The rest of the cabins on the Oslo Deck of the Sky are inside cabins.
***CruiseAdvice.org Warning ***
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems.
The majority of staterooms on the International Deck of the Norwegian Sky are going to be relatively quiet because, once more, there are cabins on the decks above and beneath. However, adult travelers seeking a bit of peace and quiet during the day need to know that there's a video arcade and a children's area most forward on this deck.
- On Deck 7 of the Norwegian Sky, inside cabins 7101- 7104 and 7301- 7304 might be perfect for parents traveling with teenaged children because these cabins are right next to the teen center. Because this center has disco music and is likely open at night, light sleepers may want to look for another stateroom elsewhere, bring along earplugs, or invest in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
- Interior cabins 7101 and 7301 are also across the hall from the children's center. This is likely not much of a late night noise concern, and may be perfect for parents of young children!
- While we are not suggesting this deck be avoided, the staterooms just mentioned could be among the worst cabins on the Norwegian Sky's Deck 7 for some travelers. There are other quieter inside cabins (7106- 7114 and 7306- 7315) on the International Deck.
- All exterior cabins on the International Deck of the Norwegian Sky (7001- 7012 port side and 7201- 7212 starboard) are Oceanview Staterooms.
***CruiseAdvice.org Warning ***
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems.
Along most of this deck, you should be aware that the main drag of the Norwegian Sky is right beneath your cabin. The venues below that could cause some noise issues are the Teen Center, the casino and bars, and the aft theater.
- Forward, Owner's Suites 8001 and 8201 each have 835 sq. ft., and are the most spacious accommodations on Deck 8 of the Norwegian Sky. We do advise that views from forward balconies are likely very breezy unless there's a tailwind.
- Penthouse Suites 8002 and 8202 are also most forward and will probably have windy balcony views!
- On the Viking Deck of the Norwegian Sky, there are several cabins over the midship casino and bar, where there could be some late night noise concerns. These are exterior staterooms 8032- 8046 port side, 8232- 8246 starboard, and interior cabins 8122- 8133 and 8323- 8334. Again, if you are a light sleeper, you may want to look for another stateroom elsewhere, bring along earplugs, or invest in a wave machine.
- Staterooms over the aft theater are 8065- 8075 port side, 8265- 8275 starboard, and interior cabins 8148- 8158, and 8349- 8359. This will likely not be a concern late at night, but travelers in these staterooms might hear some noise during performances, as well as before and after shows when staff are either preparing for or cleaning up following a show.
- Interior cabins 8113, 8314, 8115, 8316, 8148, and 8349 are either beside elevators or stairwells, and could have noise issues on deck 8 of the Norwegian Sky.
- While we are not suggesting this deck be avoided, some of the worst cabins are on the Viking Deck of the Norwegian Sky. We do suggest you look for other, quieter cabins on this or other decks.
- Best cabins on Deck 8 of the Norwegian Sky are exterior staterooms 8003- 8031 and 8047- 8063 port side, 8203- 8231 and 8247- 8263 starboard, and inside cabins 8101- 8111, 8301- 8312, 8134- 8146, and 8336- 8347. These are all above quieter areas on Deck 7 of the Norwegian Sky.
Inside cabins 8158 and 8359 are more spacious than standard.
- Aft on the Viking Deck of the Norwegian Sky, Penthouse Suites 8077 and 8277 are superbly located for incredible (less breezy) ocean views.
- Tucked between the Penthouse Suites, balcony staterooms (8078- 8080, 8278, and 8279) have that highly sought aft view of the ocean on the Norwegian Sky!
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Fjord Deck of the Norwegian Sky has the added advantage of cabin decks above and beneath which filter out noise public areas can generate! Of the decks with luxurious suites, Deck 9 is likely going to be quieter. Also, if you're looking for your choice of balcony cabins or inside staterooms, you've found a great deck! Some of the best cabins on the Norwegian Sky are generally onboard Deck 9.
- Forward on the Norwegian Sky, Owner's Suites 9001 and 9201 offer the most spacious accommodations on Deck 9. However, unless there's a tailwind, balcony views from this vantage point are going to be breezy!
- Penthouse Suites 9002 and 9202 are also most forward on the Fjord Deck of the Norwegian Sky.
- On the Fjord Deck of the Sky, inside cabins 9123, 9314, 9124, 9315, 9125, 9316, 9158, 9350, 9159, and 9351 are all located by elevators and could have noise issues.
- Deck 9 of the Sky features balcony staterooms port side (9012- 9068) and starboard (9212- 9268).
- Aft, Penthouse Suites 9075 and 9275 are well situated. Views from these balconies are gorgeous (and less windy)!
- Balcony staterooms 9076- 9078, 9277, and 9276 are located between the aft Penthouse Suites and have that highly sought view of the ocean on Deck 9 of the Norwegian Sky!
The Norwegian Sky's Deck 10 is located beneath the Pool Deck on the Norwegian Sky, which could be a great place for a stateroom for those who plan on sunbathing and enjoying casual dining. However, there could be some noise issues for some staterooms on this deck, so it's worth your while to carefully look over cabins on this deck.
- Some of the best cabins on the Norway Deck of the Norwegian Sky are located most forward.
- Exterior staterooms 0002- 0011 port side, 0202- 0212 starboard, and inside cabins 0101- 0109 and 0301- 0308. These are probably the most quiet of the cabins on the Sky's Norway Deck.
- Midship on Deck 10 of the Norwegian Sky, exterior staterooms 0019- 0031 port side, 0219- 0231 starboard, and inside cabins 0112, 0311, 0113- 0117 are all under the pool area. There could be noises at night, such as the scraping of deck chairs as staff clean after hours.
- Least preferred exterior cabins are 0049- 0060 port side because these are all under a popular bar and teen disco, and there could be noise issues very late at night.
- Inside cabins 0105, 0304, 0107, 0306, 0140, and 0340 are next to elevators or stairwells and could have noise issues.
- Aft on Deck 10, staterooms and suites 0053- 0067 port side and 0253- 0266 starboard are under public venues which include the very popular casual restaurants on the Norwegian Sky. This will affect aft inside cabins in this section the most, so we do suggest looking for an interior stateroom elsewhere.
- Aft, Penthouse Suites 0064 and 0264 have that majestic (less breezy) ocean view.
- On Deck 10 of the Sky, balcony staterooms 0065- 0067, 0265, and 0266 are between the Penthouse Suites and also have that beautiful (less breezy) view of the ocean.