Picking the Best Cabins on the Carnival Victory
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Carnival Victory's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Carnival Victory? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Carnival Victory? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Carnival Victory?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Carnival Victory that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Carnival Victory Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Carnival Victory: staterooms on Deck 7 --the Empress Deck.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Carnival Victory: staterooms on Deck 6-Upper Deck.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Carnival Victory
Deck 1 -- Riviera Deck
Cabins on Deck 1 of the Carnival Victory have cabins above them -- this means that they are typically quieter compared to cabins beneath the disco or sunbathing areas (the noise of moving deck chairs late at night / early in the AM).
- On the Victory's Riviera Deck, cabins 1402-1437 (in the stern / rear of the ship) may notice a bit of propeller vibration. If you are looking for an Ocean View Stateroom, other Carnival Victory decks have these with balconies and minus propeller vibration.
- Cabins 1402 and 1405 are next to elevators and hence could be a bit noisier than other cabins on Deck 1 of the Victory.
Related: Carnival Victory Riviera Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 2 -- Main Deck
Deck 2 on the Carnival Victory is right beneath several major public areas on the ship, such as the main dining rooms and the main lounge. However, given the operating hours of the venues, these are times when most people are out of their cabins so this shouldn't present a concern.
- On the Main Deck of the Carnival Victory, the exterior cabins in the aft of the ship (2455-2463) all have unique aft-facing views that are quite picturesque.
- Outside cabins aft of the ship (2452, 2453, 2456, & 2457) are odd shaped and likely more spacious than standard sized staterooms.
- Forward on the Victory's Deck 2, cabins 2201 & 2202 are also roomier than average.
Related: Carnival Victory Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Upper Deck
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems
Along this entire Upper Deck, be aware that the main drag of the ship is right beneath your feet -- including some areas that stay fairly noisy into the wee hours. This includes the stage, lounges and bars, dance club, and casino on the Carnival Victory.
- Arguably, any cabin numbers from the middle of the ship to the aft of the ship (cabins 6396-6467) might have significant noise coming from the late night action below. While we are not shunning this deck, some of the worst cabins are on the Upper Deck of the Carnival Victory! If you are light sleeper, you may prefer a cabin elsewhere on the ship, or bring earplugs. You may also consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
- Balcony Cabins 6201-6205 all have unique forward facing views.
- Balcony Cabins 6207 and 6208 are slightly larger than average Balcony Cabins.
- The Balcony category cabins in the rear of the ship (6436, 6438, 6440, 6467, 6465, and 6463) all have either over-sized balconies or the highly sought-after rear-facing views (where you typically don't have to worry about the balcony being too windy).
- Inside cabins 6402 and 6429 are right by elevators and may be noisier.
- Staterooms 6434 and 6461 have the largest balconies to be had on this deck!
Related: Carnival Victory Upper Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 7 -- Empress Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Empress deck is without question the high-rent district of the ship. This is where all the suites and penthouse category cabins are located. There is also at least one deck of buffer both above and below this deck, so noise tends not to be an issue from common areas. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. So, if your budget only affords you an inside cabin, reserving one right across from a penthouse might be a very wise investment! Some of the best cabins are on Deck 7 of the Victory!
- On the Victory's Empress Deck, interior cabins 7276-7332 port side, and 7277-7335 starboard share hall space with Ocean View Balcony Suites and Grand Balcony suites.
- If you love your balcony space, 7422 and 7425 aft on Deck 7 of the Victory come with spacious extended balconies.
Related: Carnival Victory Empress Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 8 -- Verandah Deck
The Victory's Veranda Deck should be considered in two sections. One has cabins on the deck above it, and the other one has the pool, sunbathing, and dining area above it.
- The quieter areas are cabins 8201-8257 on the forward part of the Carnival Victory's Verandah Deck, which has cabins on the deck above it.
- If you're in one of the Victory's Verandah Deck cabins in the aft sections, you can occasionally hear the scraping of deck chairs being rearranged above you on Lido deck. This is not a problem during the daytime hours, but it can awaken light sleepers after midnight until 6 AM when the crew is cleaning the Lido deck public spaces. Once again, we suggest you may prefer to find a cabin elsewhere on the ship, or, bring earplugs or a wave machine.
- The Balcony category cabins 8422 and 8427 have extended balconies, and staterooms 8428 and 8433 have the largest balconies on Deck 8 of the Victory.
- We do suggest that cabins 8404 and 8407 be avoided should you not prefer to be right by an elevator.
Related: Carnival Victory Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 9 -- Lido Deck
Cabins on the Lido Deck of the Carnival Victory are close to the pool and casual eateries. They are also of interest because they have no public areas above or below them.
- While there are doors to suppress the sound from the pool area, cabins 9293 and 9294 are a bit close to the pool area and you may prefer to move farther forward on Deck 9 of the Carnival Victory.
- Balcony Suite Cabins 9206 and 9205 are slightly larger than average and feature forward facing views on the Victory's Deck 9. Except when there is a tailwind, forward facing balconies are usually very breezy when the ship is under way.
Related: Carnival Victory Lido Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 10 -- Panorama Deck
Cabins on the Carnival Victory's Panorama Deck are close to the pool, spa & gym facilities. There are no public areas below these cabins, but, several of the Panorama Deck cabins are beneath the gym facilities.
- Generally, this should not be viewed as a problem. If there is loud music, it is generally during hours when people are less likely to be in their cabins. If you are concerned about this, you might prefer to stay away from cabins 1001-1053 on the Victory's Panorama Deck.
- While there are doors to suppress the sound from the pool area, cabins 1066-1067 are a bit close to the pool area on Deck 10 of the Victory. You may want to locate a cabin more forward on this deck.
Related: Carnival Victory Panorama Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 11 -- Spa Deck
The key feature of these cabins is that they are steps away from Spa Carnival. While the Camp Carnival Youth Program is one deck above, the facilities are above the gym and shouldn't present any problems for those in cabins on the Spa Deck of the Carnival Victory.
- The cabins on this deck of the Victory are the likely candidates to be designated as "Spa Cabins. These cabins are strictly non-smoking and there is a $250 cleaning fee assessed if cabin staff notice the smell of smoking in your room.
- Cabin 1102 is adjacent to Camp Carnival which may be great for a family with children, but perhaps not everyone's first choice.
Related: Carnival Victory Spa Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)