Picking the Best Cabins on the Carnival Inspiration
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Carnival Inspiration's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Carnival Inspiration? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Carnival Inspiration? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Carnival Inspiration?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Carnival Inspiration that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Carnival Inspiration Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Carnival Inspiration: staterooms on Deck 6-the Upper Deck. Deck 11 also has very good cabins.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Carnival Inspiration: stateroom on Deck 7-the Empress Deck.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Carnival Inspiration
Deck 4 -- Riviera Deck
Cabins on Deck 4 of the Carnival Inspiration have cabins above them -- this means that they are typically quieter compared to cabins beneath the disco or sunbathing areas (the noise of moving deck chairs late at night / early in the AM).
- On Deck 4 of the Inspiration, cabins R199-R248 (in the stern / rear of the ship) may notice a bit of propeller vibration.
- Cabins R154, R141, and R299 are right by elevators, so there may be a noise factor particularly for light sleepers. Looking for another cabin on Deck 4 of the Carnival Inspiration to avoid this situation is one suggestion. Otherwise, we recommend you bring earplugs, or consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
Related: Carnival Inspiration Riviera Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 5 -- Main Deck
Deck 5 has cabins both above and beneath, which does rule out noises you'd expect from Carnival Inspiration's entertainment and dining venues.
- All but 20 of the exterior cabins feature ocean views on the Main Deck of the Carnival Inspiration.
- Interior cabins M148 and M149 abut elevators, so we do suggest looking for another cabin on Deck 5 of the Inspiration to avoid noise.
Related: Carnival Inspiration Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Upper Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Upper deck is without question the high-rent district of the ship. This is where Carnival Inspiration's penthouse category cabins are located. There is also at least one deck of buffer both above and below this deck, so noise tends not to be an issue from common areas for most of the Upper deck cabins. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. So, if your budget only affords you an inside cabin, reserving one right across from a penthouse might be a very wise investment! Some of the best cabins on th Inspiration are on the Upper Deck!
- Midship on the Inspiration's Upper Deck, inside cabins may experience some noise from the Plaza & Atrium Bar located one deck above them. These cabins are also less roomy, but are in the Penthouse service zone.
- Aft on Deck 6 of the Carnival Inspiration, cabins U230 and U243 are larger than average cabins.
- All but 12 exterior cabins on Carnival Inspiration's Upper deck feature ocean views.
- On the Inspiration's Deck 6, all exterior staterooms from U69 through U115 and U70 through U114 are Penthouse Suites which do have balconies.
Related: Carnival Inspiration Upper Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 7 -- Empress Deck
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems
Cabins on the Empress Deck are likely going to be less quiet than any others to be found on the Carnival Inspiration. While we are not suggesting this deck should be completely avoided, some of the worst cabins on the Inspiration are on Deck 7! This is due to the stage, galley, and dining rooms on Atlantic Deck (one deck above), and the Atrium Bar, and Guest Services & Shore Excursions which are also located just aft of cabins E66 and E67. That said, most of the noise occurs during hours in which most of us are up and around enjoying these public venues!
- Cabins E66 through E79 are closest to the action in the Atrium, so we suggest that you reserve a cabin further away from these areas if you prefer a quieter atmosphere on the Inspiration's Empress Deck.
- Once again, Inside Cabins E124 and E127 are right next to elevators, which may increase the noise factor.
- Aft on the Inspiration's Empress Deck, cabins E244 and E259 are slightly more spacious than average outside cabins.
- All but eight exterior cabins on the Empress Deck feature ocean views on the Carnival Inspiration.
Related: Carnival Inspiration Empress Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 11 -- Verandah Deck
While Verandah Deck has Spa Carnival directly above and Lido Deck beneath, this is where you will find some of the best cabins to be reserved on the Carnival Inspiration! All outside cabins on Verandah deck feature balconies, and it is our understanding VIP check-in service is available for guests staying in these staterooms.
- On the Carnival Inspiration's Verandah Deck, V21, V23, V25, V27, V30, V34, V38, and V42 are exterior staterooms, but do have obstructed views.
- Unless there is a tailwind, all of these balconies can be breezy.
- While not Penthouse level in terms of accommodations, Verandah Deck outside staterooms are more luxurious than the average cabins on the Inspiration.
- Once again, frugal cruisers may want to book an interior cabin on this deck. Some of the best cabin stewards will be right across the hall!
Related: Carnival Inspiration Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)