Picking the Best Cabins on the Carnival Ecstasy
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Carnival Ecstasy's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Carnival Ecstasy? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Carnival Ecstasy? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Carnival Ecstasy?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Carnival Ecstasy that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Carnival Ecstasy Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Carnival Ecstasy: staterooms on Deck 6-the Upper Deck. Deck 11 also has some wonderful staterooms.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Carnival Ecstasy: stateroom on Deck 7-the Empress Deck.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Carnival Ecstasy
Deck 4 -- Riviera Deck
Cabins on Deck 4 have cabins above them -- this means that they are typically quieter compared to cabins beneath the disco or sunbathing areas (the noise of moving deck chairs late at night / early in the AM).
- Cabins R199-R248 (in the stern / rear of the ship) may notice a bit of propeller vibration on Deck 4 of the Carnival Ecstasy.
- Cabins R154, R141, and R299 are right by elevators, so there may be a noise factor particularly for light sleepers. Looking for another cabin on Deck 4 of the Ecstasy to avoid this situation is one suggestion. Otherwise, we recommend you bring earplugs, or consider investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
Related: Carnival Ecstasy Riviera Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 5 -- Main Deck
Deck 5 has cabins both above and beneath, which does rule out noises you'd expect from Carnival Ecstasy's entertainment and dining venues. Main deck also features staterooms with balconies.
- All but 18 of the exterior cabins on Deck 5 of the Carnival Ecstasy feature ocean views.
- Interior cabins M148 and M149 abut elevators, so we do suggest looking for another cabin on Deck 5 of the Ecstasy to avoid noise.
- Aft Cabins M262 and M269 are slightly larger than average.
Related: Carnival Ecstasy Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Upper Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Upper deck is without question the high-rent district of the ship. This is where Carnival Ecstasy's penthouse category cabins are located. There is also at least one deck of buffer both above and below this deck, so noise tends not to be an issue from common areas for most of the Upper deck cabins. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. So, if your budget only affords you an inside cabin, reserving one right across from a penthouse might be a very wise investment! Some of the best cabins on the Carnival Ecstasy are on Deck 6!
- On Deck 6 of te Carnival Ecstasy, midship inside cabins may experience some noise from the Plaza & Atrium Bar located one deck above them. These cabins are also less roomy, but are in the Penthouse service zone.
- Exterior cabins which include balconies on Upper deck are U190 through U224 Port side, and U201 through U237 Starboard.
- All but 12 exterior cabins on Carnival Ecstasy's Upper deck feature ocean views.
- All Exterior staterooms from U69 through U115 are Grand Suites which all have balconies. If you're looking for the very best of these, U89, U93, U97, & U101 Starboard and U90, U94, U98, & U102 Port have extended balconies on Deck 6 of the Carnival Ecstasy.
Related: Carnival Ecstasy Upper Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 7 -- Empress Deck
Some cabins on the deck have potential problems
Cabins on the Empress deck are likely going to be less quiet than any others to be found on the Carnival Ecstasy. While we are not suggesting this deck should be avoided, some of the worst cabins are on Deck 7 of the Carnival Ecstasy! This is due to the stage, galley, and dining rooms on Atlantic Deck (one deck above), and the Atrium Bar, and Guest Services & Shore Excursions which are also located just aft of cabins E66 and E 67. That said, most of the noise occurs during hours in which most of us are up and around enjoying these public venues!
- Cabins E66 through E69 are closest to the action in the Atrium, so we suggest that you reserve a cabin further away from these areas if you prefer a quieter atmosphere on Deck 7 of the Ecstasy.
- Once again, Inside Cabins E124 and E 127 are right next to elevators, which may increase the noise factor.
- Aft on the Empress Deck of the Carnival Ecstasy, cabins E244 and E259 are slightly more spacious than average outside cabins, but their balconies are smaller.
- Outside cabins with balconies include E82 through E102 port side and E83 through E103 starboard on Deck 7 of the Carnival Ecstasy.
- E202 through E238 Port side, and E217 through E253 are all balcony cabins aft of the ship.
- All but eight exterior cabins on the Empress Deck of the Ecstasy feature ocean views.
Related: Carnival Ecstasy Empress Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 11 -- Verandah Deck
While Verandah Deck has Spa Carnival directly above and Lido Deck beneath, this is where you will find some of the best cabins to be reserved on the Carnival Ecstasy! All outside cabins on Verandah deck feature balconies, and it is our understanding VIP check-in service is available for guests staying in these staterooms.
- On the Carnival Ecstasy, V21, V23, V25, V27, V30, V34, V38, and V42 are exterior staterooms, but do have obstructed views.
- Unless there is a tailwind, all of these balconies on the Ecstasy's Deck 11 can be breezy.
- While not Penthouse level in terms of accommodations, the Carnival Ecstasy's Verandah Deck outside staterooms are more luxurious than the average cabins.
- Once again, frugal cruisers may want to book an interior cabin on Deck 11 of the Ecstasy. Some of the best cabin stewards will be right across the hall!
Related: Carnival Ecstasy Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)