Picking the Best Cabins on the Amsterdam
A deck-by-deck analysis of the Amsterdam's best and worst cabins.
Looking for the best cabins on the Amsterdam? Want to find the cabin with a little larger balcony than most? And what about staying away from undesirable cabins on the Amsterdam? How do you avoid the worst cabins on the Amsterdam?
Help us improve this guide! Have you stayed in a great cabin on the Amsterdam that we missed? Let us know! Is there better advice that we can give--we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to let us know your thoughts. Your input will help other travelers.
Amsterdam Best & Worst Staterooms: Summary
Best Cabins onboard the Amsterdam: staterooms on Deck 7 --the Navigation Deck. Deck 2 also has very nice staterooms.
Cabins to be wary of onboard the Amsterdam: staterooms on Deck 6-Verandah Deck.
Deck-by-Deck Breakdown of the Best and Worst Cabins onboard the Amsterdam
Deck 1 -- Dolphin Deck
Cabins on Deck 1 of the Amsterdam have cabins above them -- this means that they are typically quieter compared to cabins beneath the disco or sunbathing areas (the noise of moving deck chairs late at night / early in the AM).
- Cabins F1938-FF1964 (toward the stern / rear of the ship) may notice a bit of propeller vibration on the Dolphin Deck of the Amsterdam.
- Forward on the Amsterdam's Deck1, cabins H1804 and H1805 are wheelchair accessible.
- M1887, MM1936, and MM1923 are by elevators and likely noisier than other cabins on Deck 1 of the Amsterdam.
- Aft on the Amsterdam's Dolphin Deck, cabins FF1964 and FF1955 are wheelchair accessible.
Related: Amsterdam Dolphin Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 2 -- Main Deck
Deck 2 on the Amsterdam is going to be relatively quiet because the decks just above and beneath are also cabin decks. Exterior cabins are ocean view staterooms, beginning with E2520 more forward on this ship to E2709, and have ocean views which are quite lovely!
- On the Main Deck of the Amsterdam, interior cabins K2554 and K2555 are wheelchair accessible.
- Inside cabins L2660 and L2663 are next to elevators and may be noisier than other cabins on Deck 2 of the Amsterdam.
- Forward on the Amsterdam's Dolphin Deck, ocean view cabins G2500 and G2501 are odd shaped and have wheelchair accessibility.
- Aft on this deck, G2702, G2713, and G2715 have beautiful views of the ocean.
Related: Amsterdam Main Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 3 -- Lower Promenade
Deck 3 on the Amsterdam is right beneath several major public areas on the ship, such as the main dining rooms and the stage. However, given the operating hours of the venues, these are times when most people are out of their cabins so this shouldn't present a concern.
- On the Amsterdam's Lower Promenade Deck, cabins C3328, C3330, C3331, and C3332 are closest to the atrium and may be noisier.
- Staterooms D3393 and D3394 are wheelchair accessible, and have partial ocean views on Deck 3 of the Amsterdam.
- Aft on the Amsterdam's Lower Promenade Deck, D3431 is wheelchair accessible and has a wonderful view of the ocean!
Related: Amsterdam Lower Promenade Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 6 -- Verandah Deck
Some cabins on this deck with potential problems
Along the entire Verandah Deck, be aware that the main drag of the Amsterdam is right beneath your feet -- including some areas that stay fairly noisy into the wee hours. This includes the Stage, Bars, Shops, Casino, and aft main dining room.
- Arguably, any cabin numbers from the middle to the aft of the ship (cabins AA6121-B6228) might have significant noise coming from the late night action below. While we are not discouraging you from reserving a cabin on this deck, some of the worst cabins on the Amsterdam are on Verandah Deck! If you are a light sleeper, you may prefer a cabin elsewhere on the ship, or bring earplugs. You may also think about investing in a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone -- produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).
- Forward on Deck 6 of the Amsterdam, C6104 is a larger than average ocean view cabin.
- With the exception of five interior cabins and three ocean view staterooms, the Amsterdam's Deck 6 entirely features Verandah Suites. These suites are over a hundred square feet roomier than most staterooms.
- Verandah category cabins in the rear of the Amsterdam's Deck 6, B6228 and B6225, have the highly sought after rear-facing views (where you typically don't have to worry about the balcony being too windy).
Related: Amsterdam Verandah Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)
Deck 7 -- Navigation Deck
***CruiseAdvice.org Favorite Deck ***
Highly rated by our cruise experts!
The Navigation Deck is without question the high-rent district of the Amsterdam. This is where all the suites and penthouse category cabins are located. Navigation Deck is directly below Lido Deck, however. Given that this is where the high-dollar cabins are, this is also where the best cabin stewards are usually assigned. Cruisers may want to consider reserving near this area because staff service is likely to be excellent! Some of the best cabins on the Amsterdam are on Deck 7!
- Among the Verandah category cabins, A7087 and A7088 aft on the Amsterdam's Deck 7 have the highly sought-after rear-facing views (where you typically don't have to worry about the balcony being too windy).
- Accommodations located midship on the Navigation Deck of the Amsterdam (S7011 through SB7058) may sustain noises from the Lido activities including the pool area, especially when staff are moving deck chairs for cleaning during off hours.
- In the Deluxe Verandah neighborhood on Deck 7 of the Amsterdam, SA7004 and SA7003 are right by Penthouse Verandah Suites. This are wonderfully situated for great service!
- Aft on the Amsterdam's Navigation Deck, Deluxe Verandah Suites SB7057 and SB7058 are wheelchair accessible.
Related: Amsterdam Navigation Deck Deck Plan (clickable deck layout to view individual cabin pictures and amenity lists)